How to take care of your skin in winter
Winter brings a lot of fun moments with Christmas and the New Year. It also brings a lot of dryness to our skin. Every winter brings this problem, and it is time we should prevent our skin and hair from dryness. It is really lovely to see the snow fall, enjoying them and freezing temperature really makes things different. Women are very careful and protective for their skin. Even men should protect their skin also. You can try both natural home remedies or the beauty products for the skin. Sometimes the skin starts cracking, itching and bleeding in the season, because the dryness takes away all your moisture of the skin. Especially when you are heading outdoors, all these things start to happen suddenly.
1. Moisturize your skin: -
When the skin starts loosing all its essential oils and softness, the most important thing you have to do is to moisturize the skin. There are a lot of products available in the market. You can even try your home remedies. Using the natural oils like Jojoba Oil, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil and other essential oil, create your own body oil. Apply your body oil before going to bed. In summer these products are totally avoidable, but in winter our skin kind of needs them. Opt for less chemical products and avoid the chemicals that irritate your skin. Wash your face with lukewarm water. Before applying any makeup in the season, apply moisturizing cream or lotion. For some people lotion is enough, but there are people who have to give an extra layer of protection to their skin. They have to use heavier creams and ointments.
2. Drink a lot: -
Winter takes away all the water leaving skin dull and dry. You always have to keep your skin hydrated throughout the day. There is no better way than drinking water. Drink at least eight glasses of water a day. You can also have morning smoothie and juices for better skin protection.
3. Avoid using products containing alcohol: -
Products such as skin toners contain alcohol and makes skin dry.
- Take care of the lips. Make a lip Exfoliator and scrub it gently. Apply lip balm or vaseline. Vaseline is the most useful product for winter. You can apply on lips, face, or anywhere on the body unless you are concerned about the greasiness.
- Take care of your hands with good hand cream. You can easily apply them whenever you want.
- Hair also becomes too dry in winter. The skin becomes too rough, resulting dandruff. Change your hair care routine and use the products like anti-dandruff shampoo.
- In winter, we always love a hot shower because there is too much cold out there. But exposing to hot water vaporizes moisture of the body. So, do not take a long shower.
8. Eat a regular and healthy diet. It should contain plenty amount of fruits and vegetables. This will help to the body to absorb essential vitamins and nutrients.